I was thinking about some of the tools I got in contact lately, and they are amazing. So I thought that giving a practical aproach to CSCL would be interesting as we have lots of theories on the web. Of course, I’ll also be posting on the texts I read, but I believe that giving ideas, after I have tried them, would be good to start.
I first saw this tool at http://techietoolstotry.edublogs.org/, and I started thinking of ways to use it in class. So here are 10 ideas to use VOKI with ESL students. If you try any of them let me know.
1. Elementary: Students can introduce themselves through VOKI;
2. Describing: Routine, house, rooms, food.
3. Reading: Create a VOKI for a character of a book and perform the part of the book they like the most;
4. Pronunciation: Students should record their voices reading a paragraph;
5. Pair work: Students can interview each other using their VOKIS;
6. Students could also sing thier favorite song and here it’s possible to add some great effects to their voices, too;
7. Create and broadcats news about anything;
8. Record comments on movies;
9. Send holiday messages to their colleagues;
10. Create a blog and add a VOKI to it.
The following VOKI was just a try, singing: Have FUN!!!